The WA Coastal and Marine Community Network (WA CMCN) congratulates the 76 community stakeholders, among whom 10 are coastal groups, who were successful with their applications to the 2021 State NRM Community Stewardship Gants.
The Western Australian Government has allocated $8 million towards Community Stewardship and Community Collaboration Grants in 2021, supporting locally driven conservation projects across the State. The 2021 funding round will support 10 coastal projects valued at $622,00, which will address issues including:
- Coastal erosion along the Bibbulmun Track in the Southwest and Great Southern regions
- Biodiversity loss and habitat fragmentation in Perth Metropolitan Area and the Peel region
- Invasive species in Perth Metropolitan Area and the Peel, Wheatbelt and Southwest regions
- Marine debris at the Houtman Abrolhos Islands National Park.
- Lack of resources for small community groups in the Mid West and Wheatbelt regions
- Needs for education program and community capacity building in the Perth Metropolitan Area and the Southwest region.
While the Network recognises that coastal and marine community groups remain under-represented in this funding round, WA CMCN will continue to support and promote community group action to facilitate increased funding opportunities.
For the full list of successful 2021 State NRM Community Stewardship projects, click here
Read the Media Statement here